Sue

Default macros

not sure is this is the right group to post to, but didn't know where else to
try. I need to copy a macro from my machine to others. I was going to
create a document based on my normal and copy it to the other machine where
the macro needs to be and then use the organizer to copy it, but when I go
into the organizer, the only macros that appear under my normal.dot is
NewMacros. Can anyone shed any light on this. I have created many macros
that all appear when I go to Tools, Macros, and then run them, so I am not
sure what I am doing wrong. As always, thanks for the help. I am running
Word 2003.
Graham Mayor

The macros you create (especially with the macro recorder) are stored by
default in the New Macros module. If you want to separate out one macro to
make it available to the organizer, then you need to open the vba editor
and create a new module and move the macro code into it. You can, however
copy the macro to the (open) document directly within the vba editor.

If you want to share a macro, the simplest plan is to save it in a global
template then make that template available to your users.