Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurie_g laurie_g is offline

Default cannot group objects

Hi
I am using Word 2007. Why can't I group objects (clipart or saved images)
unless I use the Drawing Canvas? Autoshapes will group fine outside of the
Drawing Canvas.

I have tried inserting several different types of objects, changed the text
wrap to In Front of Text, selected two objects, but the Group tool is greyed
out.

If I use the Drawing Canvas the Group tool is active. I don't want to have
to use the Drawing Canvas. Once I've grouped objects inside the canvas, I
have to manually resize the canvas so that it fits the objects (Fit becomes
greyed out if the objects are grouped). But then, I have to apply text
wrapping to the canvas and it is very difficult to then make changes to the
grouped object - selecting it (and not the canvas), resizing, moving.

just a tad frustrating...

any ideas???

Laurie

My Worksheet Objects become just Objects. Why? Fred Borden Microsoft Word Help 8 March 21st 07 06:45 PM
convert linked objects to embedded objects ackerb Microsoft Word Help 5 April 20th 06 02:21 PM
How do I group objects Deff Steph Tables 1 February 27th 06 01:05 AM
Won't Group W. Watson New Users 4 February 3rd 06 04:01 AM
Group By Derek Hart Tables 5 January 9th 06 03:12 AM