fcisp

Default Preserving link format after updating

I have several linked excel graphs in my document that will be regularly
updated. However, while some of the graphs have the "Preserve formatting
after update" box checked, most do not and the the entire "Options for
Selected Link" area is greyed out on all of my links. I need to know either
(1) how to simply set the preserve function to be on as a default or (2) how
to actually be able to select the boxex myself in Word. Thanks
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?ZmNpc3A=?=,

I have several linked excel graphs in my document that will be regularly
updated. However, while some of the graphs have the "Preserve formatting
after update" box checked, most do not and the the entire "Options for
Selected Link" area is greyed out on all of my links. I need to know either
(1) how to simply set the preserve function to be on as a default or (2) how
to actually be able to select the boxex myself in Word.

Depends on how you're creating the linked objects, which you don't mention. Nor
do you tell us which version of Word you're working with.

Best control would be to insert the object in-line with the text (if you need
text wrapping, insert them into a Frame - see the Forms toolbar). Press Alt+F9
to view the field codes. "Preserve formatting" is the \* MergeFormat switch in
the field code. You can add that where required.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Bookmarks appearing in HTML Format document links AndyBear Microsoft Word Help 3 June 1st 05 02:45 PM
Link Link Link Karla New Users 0 May 17th 05 10:20 AM
Link Link Link Karla Formatting Long Documents 0 May 17th 05 10:20 AM
Syntax for Number format in the Text Form Field Options Ed Hall 61 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 8th 05 07:51 PM
Preserving formatting after updating links in Word mrtyl99 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 3rd 05 10:14 AM