Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman[_2_] Jay Freedman[_2_] is offline

Default Insert/Typeover Mode

In Tools Customize Keyboard, select the Overtype command and remove the
assignment of the Insert key.

There's an option in Tools Options Edit to make the Insert key do a
Paste instead of Overtype, but IMO that's as bad or worse.

--
Jay Freedman

"Ladypep" wrote:

My users have asked me if there is anyway to permanently disable typeover
mode. There is none that I know of. Does anyone know of some setting I can
change so that pressing the Insert key does not toggle to Typeover?

Thanks
--
Sherry