Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

Default suppressing footers

I thought I knew what I was doing; I created a letterhead.dot, but can't
seem to convince it to only put footers on the first page of a letter. I
tried help, but just didn't ask the question right. I know I have had
this before! Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.
--

Regards,

P D Sterling
New York, Texas & Texas, New York
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On the Layout tab of Page Setup, check "Different first page." Then put your
content only in the First Page Footer. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"P D Sterling" wrote in message
I thought I knew what I was doing; I created a letterhead.dot, but can't
seem to convince it to only put footers on the first page of a letter. I
tried help, but just didn't ask the question right. I know I have had this
before! Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.
--

Regards,

P D Sterling
New York, Texas & Texas, New York

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Conditiona...rs_Footers.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

P D Sterling wrote:
I thought I knew what I was doing; I created a letterhead.dot, but
can't seem to convince it to only put footers on the first page of a
letter. I tried help, but just didn't ask the question right. I know
I have had this before! Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

that is so cool, and I thank you. I suppose it would be graceless to
point out that you need to check spelling on that page - unless you yell
Viola! when you find your viola, instead of Voilą!

See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Conditiona...rs_Footers.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

that is such a reasonable suggestion - I guess I never though of page 1
being "different,' but instead thought page 2 was the different one.
Many thanx for the advice!!!

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
On the Layout tab of Page Setup, check "Different first page." Then put your
content only in the First Page Footer. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

In Greg's defense, viola is a real word (it is a flower), so the spell
checker would not pick up the mistake. Knowing Greg, I expect he wrote that
at some uncivilised hour of the morning (or night).

Terry Farrell

Greg Maxey wrote:
See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Conditiona...rs_Footers.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Mailman Brian Mailman is offline

However, violists aren't the most respected members of a symphony:
http://www.mit.edu/~jcb/jokes/viola.html

B/

Greg Maxey wrote:
See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Conditiona...rs_Footers.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Brian

Thanks. I have been in stitches laughing at those!

Terry

Greg Maxey wrote:
See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Conditiona...rs_Footers.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

A violet is part of the genus viola - an enormous group of plants.

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
"Violet" is a flower; I've never heard of one called "viola," but I defer
to your superior horticultural knowledge.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I especially liked this one:

Why do violists stand for long periods outside people's houses?
They can't find the key and they don't know when to come in.

But the "Entry Exam For The BBC Symphony Orchestra--Viola Players" is
priceless!

Greg Maxey wrote:
See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Conditiona...rs_Footers.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

this is a scream, and I appreciate Suzanne's note, indicating that all
us computer enthusiasts are not monomaniacs!