Default Insert keyboard Key & Word

Sometimes when using Word I accidently press Insert on the
keyboard instead of delete when removing characters. This
causes problems for the whole document because once I have
done this I can no longer edit words or sentences properly.

For example if i had the letters bt and the word was
supposed to be bat. I can not add the a between the b and
the t. Word will not allow me to put a space between the b
and the t to fix it. If i hit space it will go over the t
and therfore ruin the spacing between the whole sentence.

This only happens when I accidently hit the insert key. Is
there a way to undo whatever the insert key has done. Any
help appreciated
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 17:28:15 -0800,
wrote:

Sometimes when using Word I accidently press Insert on the
keyboard instead of delete when removing characters. This
causes problems for the whole document because once I have
done this I can no longer edit words or sentences properly.

For example if i had the letters bt and the word was
supposed to be bat. I can not add the a between the b and
the t. Word will not allow me to put a space between the b
and the t to fix it. If i hit space it will go over the t
and therfore ruin the spacing between the whole sentence.

This only happens when I accidently hit the insert key. Is
there a way to undo whatever the insert key has done. Any
help appreciated

Just press the Insert key again.

The Insert key "toggles" (turns on and off) the Overtype mode. You can
tell when Overtype mode is turned on by looking at the status bar at
the bottom of the Word window: If the letters OVR are black, Overtype
is on, but if they're gray Overtype mode is off. You can also switch
modes by double-clicking those letters.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

How can I divide a page into three sections? Bonnie Microsoft Word Help 3 May 8th 23 02:47 AM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
saving the workspace Mike Microsoft Word Help 3 December 8th 04 11:32 PM
Insert Excel Worksheets into Word Document Barb Reinhardt Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 04 06:30 PM