Patsy EP Patsy EP is offline
Junior Member

Smile Page numbering too high up page

Hi everyone, i'm new here

What made me join is, my bf is a new book publisher and when he got his first book proof back the page numbers in the book looked too high up the pages.

I edited the document for his author, but i don't know how to make it so the page numbers go lower down the page.

The numbers are close to the text too, like this below:
1,2,3

Can anyone help me please

Patsy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Page numbering too high up page

As a first step, enable the display of nonprinting marks, for example by
pressing the ¶ button on the Home tab (or on the Standard toolbar in Word
97-2003). If you find any blank paragraphs, ¶, in the footer, delete them.

To activate the header/footer view, you can double-click the header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Patsy EP" wrote in message ...

Hi everyone, i'm new here

What made me join is, my bf is a new book publisher and when he got his
first book proof back the page numbers in the book looked too high up
the pages.

I edited the document for his author, but i don't know how to make it so
the page numbers go lower down the page.

The numbers are close to the text too, like this below:
1,2,3
Can anyone help me please

Patsy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do increase the spacing above the page number (if that's the problem), add
some Spacing Before to the paragraph where the page number resides.
--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Patsy EP" wrote in message ...

Hi everyone, i'm new here

What made me join is, my bf is a new book publisher and when he got his
first book proof back the page numbers in the book looked too high up
the pages.

I edited the document for his author, but i don't know how to make it so
the page numbers go lower down the page.

The numbers are close to the text too, like this below:
1,2,3
Can anyone help me please

Patsy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] is offline

Are the page numbers in the header or the footer? Stefan's replies seem to
imply footer, but I was visualizing header, and the answer would be
different there.

"Patsy EP" wrote in message ...

Hi everyone, i'm new here

What made me join is, my bf is a new book publisher and when he got his
first book proof back the page numbers in the book looked too high up
the pages.

I edited the document for his author, but i don't know how to make it so
the page numbers go lower down the page.

The numbers are close to the text too, like this below:
1,2,3

Can anyone help me please

Patsy

--
Patsy EP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...

Are the page numbers in the header or the footer? Stefan's replies seem to
imply footer, but I was visualizing header, and the answer would be
different there.

Good point--and a good question!