dabrams dabrams is offline
Junior Member

Default Streamlining the Insert Text Function?

In order for the InsertText field to work for a bookmark, the text next to the bookmark has to selected.

I have 10 different source documents, and each document contains various bookmarked table cells. I receive these docs monthly with updated info.

So that means I have to select all of the different cells each month in order for the InsertText function to insert the information into the target document.

Does anybody know of a macro that can streamline this time-consuming process?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the bookmarks have already been created, you don't have to select
anything. Just specify the bookmark name in the Range dialog box (click
Range in the Insert File dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP