Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gf gf is offline

Default Word table entries generating inappropriate automatic page breaks

I'm using Word 2003 tables as an address book. Each letter of the alphabet is
a separate table. All tables have identical properties. It was working fine,
and still is, except for some entries in the letter L. Several entries are
triggering a premature automatic page break (I can see the break in Normal
view). The first two pages worth of entries break correctly. Then, in one
instance, half the page after a break is blank. In another instance, more
than 2/3 of the page after a break is blank. I've tried looking at the table
properties, paragraph properties in the cells, looking for formatting
differences in the rows, even searching for Page Break Before tags in the
entire document, but I haven't been able to figure out or fix what's
happening. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gf gf is offline

Default Word table entries generating inappropriate automatic page bre

No. I had already checked that. As a double-check, I just did a Search for
all instances of the Keep With Next format tag, beginning with the first
entry in the letter L. There are only a few. They are used correctly, and
they are not used in the questionable rows, or before or after those rows.
I'm pretty sure I've checked all the obvious possibilities. I've also
searched the Microsoft discussion forums and done Google searches for
anything relevant to my problem. Whatever I'm looking for is not obvious. (By
the way, I've been using Word for 16 years.)

"gf" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003 tables as an address book. Each letter of the alphabet
is
a separate table. All tables have identical properties. It was working
fine,
and still is, except for some entries in the letter L. Several entries are
triggering a premature automatic page break (I can see the break in Normal
view). The first two pages worth of entries break correctly. Then, in one
instance, half the page after a break is blank. In another instance, more
than 2/3 of the page after a break is blank. I've tried looking at the
table
properties, paragraph properties in the cells, looking for formatting
differences in the rows, even searching for Page Break Before tags in the
entire document, but I haven't been able to figure out or fix what's
happening. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gf gf is offline

Suzanne, I owe you an apology. You were indeed correct. I tried removing
those few "Keep With Next" tags that I assumed were inoffensive--which is
what I should have done before I replied to your post. I couldn't see why
they should have had an effect, so I assumed . . . I am reminded now of what
happens when one assumes (now THAT should have been obvious). I don't
understand why these things affected pagination where they were placed, but
removing them fixes the problem. Sorry for replying without verifying first.

Gary

"gf" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003 tables as an address book. Each letter of the alphabet
is
a separate table. All tables have identical properties. It was working
fine,
and still is, except for some entries in the letter L. Several entries are
triggering a premature automatic page break (I can see the break in Normal
view). The first two pages worth of entries break correctly. Then, in one
instance, half the page after a break is blank. In another instance, more
than 2/3 of the page after a break is blank. I've tried looking at the
table
properties, paragraph properties in the cells, looking for formatting
differences in the rows, even searching for Page Break Before tags in the
entire document, but I haven't been able to figure out or fix what's
happening. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, you just never know, do you?

http://word.mvps.org

"gf" wrote in message
[...]

Word adding unwanted automatic page breaks! glitterbug99 Microsoft Word Help 3 December 19th 07 09:30 AM
How to delete automatic page breaks in word 2002 Snoopy Page Layout 1 April 14th 06 01:22 PM
Automatic page breaks Andrew Tables 1 June 1st 05 11:41 PM
Automatic page breaks are missing in Word. What happened? berryfarmer Page Layout 3 February 16th 05 05:59 AM
automatic page breaks ph9 Microsoft Word Help 2 January 5th 05 08:57 PM