ci_cag

Default word reports:'not registered'

My Word 2003 is activated but since i installed XP SP2 it now says links
won't work unless i register the document when i first open a new one.
I don't think i want any links to be active so what is the reason for
registering and how do i get rid off the annoying reminder every time?
I am concerned my word is faulty - is this the case?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2lfY2Fn?=,

My Word 2003 is activated but since i installed XP SP2 it now says links
won't work unless i register the document when i first open a new one.
I don't think i want any links to be active so what is the reason for
registering and how do i get rid off the annoying reminder every time?
I am concerned my word is faulty - is this the case?

I'm not certain about this, the folks in the office.setup or
word.setup.networking or word.application.errors groups would probably know
more, but see if the information in this article helps.

If it doesn't, then it is likely a setting in the Windows update, or
perhaps other antivirus-type software you may have installed that's not
allowing OLE client/server to work correctly.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

ci_cag

thank you cindy
you were exactly right - i repaired my installation as it was not the only
problem i had a t the time.
all now seems well!

Hi ?B?Y2lfY2Fn?=,