Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BabyShowerInvitation BabyShowerInvitation is offline

Default How can I print a "centered" 5X7 inch invitation?

I am trying to print a 5X7 inch invitation, and for some reason, it prints
way off to the left and cuts off the text. I have gone into Page Setup and
selected Custom Size 5X7 and also selected to "center" the invitation. Does
anyone have any advice on how I can get this document to print on the center
of the paper?

Thank you!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I print a "centered" 5X7 inch invitation?

Steps to Print a Centered 5X7 Inch Invitation in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open your invitation document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Size" and then select "More Paper Sizes" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Page Setup" window that appears, select the "Paper" tab.
  5. Under "Paper size," select "Custom Size" and enter the dimensions of your invitation (5 inches for width and 7 inches for height).
  6. Under "Margins," make sure that all margins are set to 0.5 inches.
  7. Click on the "Layout" tab in the "Page Setup" window.
  8. Under "Page," select "Vertical" for the alignment and "Centered" for the alignment relative to the page.
  9. Click "OK" to save the changes and close the "Page Setup" window.
  10. Go to "File" and select "Print" to open the print dialog box.
  11. Make sure that your printer is selected and click on "Print Options."
  12. Under "Page Sizing & Handling," select "Actual Size" and make sure that "Choose paper source by PDF page size" is selected.
  13. Click "OK" to close the "Print Options" window.
  14. Click "Print" to print your invitation.

By following these steps, your invitation should print centered on the page and not cut off any text.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Try printing on a standard Letter-size sheet. This will show you where your
printer expects your paper to be fed. If it is not practical to feed it
there, then you'll need to set up the 5x7 form in the center of a
Letter-size document (adjust the left and right margins accordingly), then
feed your 5x7 in the center of the printer.

"BabyShowerInvitation"
wrote in message ...
I am trying to print a 5X7 inch invitation, and for some reason, it prints
way off to the left and cuts off the text. I have gone into Page Setup

and
selected Custom Size 5X7 and also selected to "center" the invitation.

Does
anyone have any advice on how I can get this document to print on the

center
of the paper?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JoeySync JoeySync is offline

Go to Tools, Letters and Mailings, Envelopes and Labels, Printing Options,
and select the feed method. I assume you'll select one of the center feeds.
Click OK. If it automatically changes your paper size, go to File, Page
Setup, Paper, and select your size again. It seems it's a small flaw that it
re-sizes your paper just because you want a center feed. I recommend testing
it on a full 8.5x11 before wasting nice envelopes.