Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kim

Default Format whole document instead of single instance.

Whenever I format anything in word the whole document is formatted in that
style and I have to undo/ctrl-z to go back to the single instance which i
tried to format (which then remains formatted). An example is a better
explanation: I highlight a word or sentence (single instance) and ctrl-b to
bold it. The entire document is bolded and also seems to pick up other
aspects of the original instance's formatiing (page
left/right/centre,/underline, etc). When I undo/ctrl-z, everything is OK the
document goes back to 'pre format' format (!!?) and the single instance is
formatted how I wanted it. It's very annoying and I can't find any info on
it - possibly because it's so hard to explain! Any help is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm .