Timo

Default Word Templates Remove

Hi there,

I have a troulbe to remove a template from my documents. In the newsgroup
was written to set .AttachedTemplate = "" would work but this works only
within Word as a macro.
I write a vbscript in which was possible to set the attachedTemplate. To
read all templates and remove macros. But it was not possible to remove the
written text within the textbox Tools - Templates and Add-ins - Document
Template.

I have found when I list all templates from my document. So I would like to
remove the found template like to remove add ins (...Add-Ins(index).delete).
Can anyone help?

Regards
Timo

Klaus Linke

Hi Timo,

If .AttachedTemplate = "" doesn't work, have you tried if setting
..AttachedTemplate to Normal.dot works?
Or maybe it's a matter of having the right references to libraries?

I've never used VBScript... If nobody here knows the answer, maybe you could ask
in microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript.

Regards,
Klaus

Timo

.... Well I should say that works but the path in the textbox did not removed.
The attachedTamplate property returns the correct template but if you look on
the textbox the old template is written on. As well the template (which I
want to remove) is within the templates property from word.
Confusing. So may I can remove templates? But I do not know how.

Grettings
Timo