Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rf78801

Default Wordart rotation/inversion

I'm using wordart to design the lettering around the circumference of an
emblem. There is two phrases, one on the "upper half" of the emblem, one on
the "lower half" of the emblem. I need each phrase to be "right side up"
(bottom of letters toward bottom of emblem). I have no problem w/the upper
half phrase. I am unable to figure out what set of rotations/inversions/etc
to use to make the bottom half readable (whatever I do the "bottom" of the
letters point toward the center of the emblem or are a mirror image of the
letters if pointed toward the bottom of the emblem.

Ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Select any of the pictures from the WordArt Gallery. Type your top text,
press Enter twice, and type your bottom text. Click OK to get the art in the
document, with two line of text and a blank line in the middle.

Now click the "WordArt Shape" button on the WordArt toolbar, and select
"Button (Curve)", the fourth item in the second row. Finally, drag the edges
and/or corners of the art to the right size and shape.

(Note: the blank line in the middle of the text is needed so you don't get
text horizontally across the middle of the circle.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

rf78801 wrote:
I'm using wordart to design the lettering around the circumference of
an emblem. There is two phrases, one on the "upper half" of the
emblem, one on the "lower half" of the emblem. I need each phrase to
be "right side up" (bottom of letters toward bottom of emblem). I
have no problem w/the upper half phrase. I am unable to figure out
what set of rotations/inversions/etc to use to make the bottom half
readable (whatever I do the "bottom" of the letters point toward the
center of the emblem or are a mirror image of the letters if pointed
toward the bottom of the emblem.

Ideas?

WordArt in Mail Merge Sean Bishop Mailmerge 5 October 29th 07 03:36 PM
WordArt doesn't print correctly in Word 2003, okay in Word XP Audia4s Microsoft Word Help 0 April 26th 06 05:21 PM
First character of Wordart prints with a black background Mark Duncan Microsoft Word Help 1 June 29th 05 09:43 AM
WordArt Text rhfjr New Users 3 February 20th 05 08:18 PM
Conditional inclusion of WordArt? Bill Watkins Mailmerge 13 February 1st 05 03:51 PM