Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Opening Auto Recovered saved docs

What is the filename of this document?
AutoRecover documents are not supposed to be opened directly in Word (though
they may open if not corrupt), and the autorecovery function is rather hit
and miss in Word 2000 (it's better in 2003).

emily wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm a tech dumbass, so I
have absolutely no idea how to go about opening up a document that I
can only see when i search for it. It tells me to check the document
permission and the dialogue box to open it. I've tried to look up
solutions on the microsoft site and the internet but all answers I've
found do not comply with my situation. I'm using Microsoft Word 2000.
Any insights would be much appreciated