Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anthony J. B.

Default Merging/database management

I have created an excel database, which includes 1 column with various
numbers representings comments that were made. Each records has an entry in
this column which is either a single digit number, or a combination of single
digit numbers, separated by a comma, ie., 1 / 1,2,3 / 1,4,2.

From word what I am trying to do is filter the records out from excell so
that only the records containing, for example, 2, either in combination with
other numbers, or singularly, only those records will merge with excell. I
have been trying to do this using the "Insert Word Field" option as sort of a
filter, but it is not working. I'm not sure which one I probably should use,
if there is one. I have also tried using the "merge query to filter" but
that doesn't seem to work. Both options give me the records containing the
singluar 1, but it doesn't pull them out of a group.

Help