hokiebc

Default Graphic in Header

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document in Word 2003. No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will paste onto the top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.
CyberTaz

Hello-

It depends a great deal on what you're copying and where you're copying from.

It would be better to use InsertPictureFrom File, but if the image is
pasting into your doc _anywhere_ you can probably cut it from there and paste
it into the Header.

HTH |:)

"hokiebc" wrote:

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document in Word 2003. No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will paste onto the top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe

I'm having the same problem with Word 2003. Previously, you could paste an
image into your document and then drag it into your header, but 2003 does not
allow you to do that. The only alternative that i've found is to insert
picture from file but that is less than ideal. You need to create the image
file and oftentimes it pastes as a smaller image within your header. Please
provide any feedback on other ways to paste (CTRL+V ) an image directly into
the header.

Thanks

"hokiebc" wrote:

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document in Word 2003. No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will paste onto the top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You can paste into a header. You can't drag from the body to the header, but
you can cut and paste.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"hokiebc" wrote:

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document in Word 2003. No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will paste onto the
top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe

Please elaborate - i can't paste directly into an open header (word 2003).
If you paste or use CRTL+V, the header box closes and the image pastes into
the normal document. This problem didn't arise in previous editions of word.
Please help.

"hokiebc" wrote:

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document in Word 2003. No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will paste onto the
top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Using Word 2003, I just created a new document, pasted an image into the
document, cut the image from the document, opened the header/footer view,
and pasted into the header.

What happens if you use Edit Paste instead?

When you paste into the body, what is the wrapping set to? In-line with text
or something else? Just asking because mine is set to float in front of
text.
--

"hokiebc" wrote:

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document in Word 2003.
No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will paste onto
the
top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe

Wow - i don't know how you're doing it. Every PC in my office is replicating
the same problem that i have on my laptop. I've tried using EDIT Paste and
as soon as i paste, the header closes. If i try EDITPaste Special, the
dialog box pops open but the header again closes! I've changed the wrapping
to "in-front of text" but yet no luck. This is really frustrating. Help!

"hokiebc" wrote:

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document in Word 2003.
No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will paste onto
the
top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe

It says that "windows cannot find winword.exe/a"
Thanks for your help - i figured out that if you open two word documents,
you can paste an image into an open header by dragging the graphic from the
other word.doc into your header.

"hokiebc" wrote:

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document in Word
2003.
No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will paste
onto
the
top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You must have a space before the forward slash in winword.exe /a

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

You can paste into a header. You can't drag from the body to the
header,
but
you can cut and paste.
--
Charles Kenyon

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version

of

"hokiebc" wrote:

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document in Word
2003.
No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will paste
onto
the
top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the

header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe

Thanks! This works and i can paste a graphic directly into my header if i
start up word with the /a switch. But now do i have to start word this way
each time?
How can i troubleshoot?

"hokiebc" wrote:

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document in Word
2003.
No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will paste
onto
the
top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the

header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

That is the first step in trouble shooting, probably not a fix. However,
before we do anything else. Try starting Word the way you usually do and see
if it is fixed. (Sometimes it does fix it.)

Next question is, what happens if you paste text into a header? (Trying to
see if it is the paste command that is causing the problem.)
--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You must have a space before the forward slash in winword.exe /a

so
all may benefit.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

You can paste into a header. You can't drag from the body to
the
header,
but
you can cut and paste.
--
Charles Kenyon

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented
version

of
Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide)
http://addbalance.com/usersguide

See also the MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/ which is
awesome!

"hokiebc" wrote:

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document in
Word
2003.
No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will
paste
onto
the
top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the

header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe

You're right - it looks like a problem with the Paste Command. The header
window closes and i am unable to paste text as well. What should i do?

"hokiebc" wrote:

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document in
Word
2003.
No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will
paste
onto
the
top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the
header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Do you have any other programs that work with Word and may have programmed
it?
Adobe Acrobat comes to mind.

Check to see if you have any Add-Ins.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...sInstalled.htm

If you have any listed under Tools Templates and Add-Ins, you can uncheck
them to temporarily disable them and try pasting with each one disabled. Com
Add-Ins need to be uninstalled, so try the ones in the dialog box first.
--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You must have a space before the forward slash in winword.exe /a

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

You can paste into a header. You can't drag from the body to
the
header,
but
you can cut and paste.
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:
http://addbalance.com/word

"hokiebc" wrote:

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document
in
Word
2003.
No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will
paste
onto
the
top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the
header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You could also look in your macros for one called EditPaste. If you find
one, see if you can edit it.
If you can, copy it and post it here.
--

"hokiebc" wrote:

I can't paste a picture into the header of a document
in
Word
2003.
No
matter the page or section I try to paste into, it will
paste
onto
the
top of
page 1, at the left hand margin and not as part of the
header.

Any ideas as to the issue would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Try disabling it. I can't imagine why it would be causing your problems, but
Adobe Add-Ins cause lots of problems in Word.
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

You can paste into a header. You can't drag from the body
header,
but
you can cut and paste.
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:
http://addbalance.com/word

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented
version
of
Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide)
http://addbalance.com/usersguide

See also the MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/ which is
awesome!
This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post