Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diana Diana is offline

Default How to get backspace button to work on highlighted text?

If I want to delete something, I usually click on it to select (highlight)
it, then hit the backspace button, or better yet just type what I want to
replace it with. For some reason, the only thing that will work is the
actual "delete" button on the top right. the "backspace" button just
de-selects the highlighted text, and typing in replacement text only adds
additional text to the side of it. This is only a problem in word, not in
any other of my programs. Please help.

tks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Tools Options Edit check "Typing replaces selection"

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman