Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Beth Beth is offline

Default DDE Access to Word using mde

I would like to give my clients mde files instead of the open source mdb.
However, I need to export reports(mailmerge) to Word and this doesn't seem to
work with DDE connection. It gives error message "....mde is locked for
editing by another user. Click 'Notify' to open a read-only copy of the
document...." Clicking notify doesn't work either. it hangs and I have to
kill Word throught the task manager.

connecting with ODBC works great! However, ODBC doesn't handle memos and
dates.

By the way there are no other users(except the current opening of the file)
and this has nothing to do with opening shared or exclusive in the options
menu.

DDE works with mdb but not with mde.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,