Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Alan is offline

Default Multi-level Outlines, Styles & Table of Contents in Word 2007

,I have set up Styles in previous versions of Word that contained customised
multi level outlines which I use for report and schedule numbering ie 1.0
(level 1), 1.1 (Level 2) and a. (level 3). With this I was able to
automatically sequentially number paragraphs and generate a table of contents
by using only levels 1 & 2 headings.
I have just purchased Word 2007 and cannot link multi level lists with
Styles only single level numbering. As a consequence, I cannot generate a
table of contents. I can create the numbering using the home home multi level
numbering but this is not a style and the generate contents page tab required
styles.
Why has something that was working OK been replaced with something that does
not appear to provide the same level of functionality?