Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lilbit Lilbit is offline

Default Forcing a User to Input a Specific Number of Characters

I have an ongoing problem where users of my forms occasionally do not enter
a complete telephone number. I have split the telephone number into three
form fields: one for the area code, one for the 1st three digits, and one
for the last four digits. I need a way to force them to enter the
required number of digits in each form field. Thanks!!

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutsoftware.com/gro...docmanagement/
More information at http://www.talkaboutsoftware.com/faq.html

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Lilbit wrote:
I have an ongoing problem where users of my forms occasionally do not
enter a complete telephone number. I have split the telephone number
into three form fields: one for the area code, one for the 1st three
digits, and one for the last four digits. I need a way to force them
to enter the required number of digits in each form field. Thanks!!

One way is to create an exit macro for the form field to validate the
entry -- see http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...ateFFields.htm.
The article http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm may also be useful.

Another way is to create a UserForm (a custom dialog box) that pops up on
entering the form field, and doesn't allow incorrect data to be passed back
to the form. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userfo...eAUserForm.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lilbit Lilbit is offline

Your site suggestions sounded hopeful, but when I clicked on them I got the
error message, Page could not be found." HELP! Thanks!!

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutsoftware.com/gro...docmanagement/
More information at http://www.talkaboutsoftware.com/faq.html

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Lilbit wrote:
Your site suggestions sounded hopeful, but when I clicked on them I
got the error message, Page could not be found." HELP! Thanks!!

I have no trouble opening those pages.

Instead of clicking the links, try copying them to the clipboard and pasting
them into your browser.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman