Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nsr21710 nsr21710 is offline

Default Appendix and Chapter numbering

I am sure there is a simple solution, but I am stumped! I have my outline
numbering set up so that Level 1 is Heading 1, Level 2 is Heading 2, same as
3, 4, and 5. I read a Microsoft article that said to change Heading 6 (or
higher) to emulate my Chapter Title settings, so I did that and my Heading 7
is being used for the Appendix title. My problem is that when I use another
heading 6 or 7, it is not automatically restarting the numbering (or
letting). I am stuck on Chapter 1 and Appendix A. I can't figure out what I
did wrong. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you set up your numbering (for all the styles, including the appendix
ones) as described at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...umbering.html?