Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

Default Opening word document via vista browser

Each time I want to open a word document via the browser, I receive the error
message that the document can't be found..until I double-click it again, and
then it will open. Anyone know why this happens. However, I have no problems
opening documents within my software Microsoft Office 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"John" wrote in message
Each time I want to open a word document via the browser, I receive the
error
message that the document can't be found..until I double-click it again,
and
then it will open. Anyone know why this happens. However, I have no
problems
opening documents within my software Microsoft Office 2007.

Err why would you want to do this in the first place?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"John" wrote in message
Because it is convenient???

How is it more "convenient" to open a Word document in a browser (which is
not designed to do that AFAIK) rather than in Word (which IS designed to do
that AFAIK)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

Mainly because that's how I used to operate all documentation when I was at
work (before becoming redundant). However, whether it is practical or not...a
document should still open when 'double-clicked' in the browser. All other
documents do, even pdf.

"Gordon" wrote:

"John" wrote in message
Because it is convenient???

How is it more "convenient" to open a Word document in a browser (which is
not designed to do that AFAIK) rather than in Word (which IS designed to do
that AFAIK)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

This is usually the office plug-in option in the AV suite. Typically
renowned for this are NAV and Kaspersky, but I don't believe it is limited
to just them. I believe that some third party firewalls can be guilty.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP