Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Nadia

Default outline numbering changes my "normal" paragraphs to heading styles

I know how painful numbering is in Word 2003 and I have read all the postings
on numbering problems...but I cant seem to find anything to address what's
happening on a document I have inherited.

I have applied styles to the relevant headings that I want numbered,i.e.,
Heading1, Heading2 and Heading3. The rest of the document is "normal".

When I select the document and apply outline numbering based on heading
styles it changes all my "normal" paragraphs to Heading1 styles and obviously
includes them in all the numbering. I have checked the Style for following
paragraph is "normal" and I have switched off Autoformat as you type.....
what am I missing!!