Darin Lambe

Default Print document 4 times on one page

I would like to print a document I create so it appears 4 times without
having to create tables and altering them by moving margins etc... I would
like it to have even margins on all sides so I can cut it out to send as a
invitation should look like this on the sheet when printed:

HI HI
How are you How are you
Very Well Very Well
Thank You Thank You

HI HI
How are you How are you
Very Well Very Well
Thank You Thank You

But all i type is the HI... one time.

Any Help with this?

There are several ways to achieve the *results* you want, but most will not
use the *means* you describe:

1. Create a 2 x 2 table and replicate the content in each cell. You either
have to use 0" margins all around (and listen to Word scream every time you
print) or make a third row and column in the middle, equal in height (row)
and width (column) to the sum of the top and bottom/left and right margins.

2. Format the page into two columns, with the space between columns equal to
the sum of the left and right columns. Place the text using Space
Before/After.

3. Create the page full size and use the "4 pages per sheet" option in the
Print dialog; this works better with European/metric sizes.

4. Create the piece in Publisher instead. You set the publication size and
create it once, then print it 4-up on the page.

There is no good way in Word to create this only once and duplicate it
effortlessly; if you have Publisher, use that.

"Darin Lambe" wrote in message
I would like to print a document I create so it appears 4 times without
having to create tables and altering them by moving margins etc... I

would
like it to have even margins on all sides so I can cut it out to send as a
invitation should look like this on the sheet when printed:

HI HI
How are you How are you
Very Well Very Well
Thank You Thank You

HI HI
How are you How are you
Very Well Very Well
Thank You Thank You

But all i type is the HI... one time.

Any Help with this?

Romke Soldaat via OfficeKB.com

In the File/Print dialog box, use the following options.
Page range: select "Pages", and type 1,1,1,1
Zoom: select 4 pages per sheet
Click OK
Alternatively, get the Print Wizard from www.mswizards.com

Joy

I have both Word and WordPerfect and I must comment that doing this is SO
easy in WordPerfect. I wish that Word (since most people have that only,
not WP or both) would make such page divisions as easy!

"Darin Lambe" wrote in message
I would like to print a document I create so it appears 4 times without
having to create tables and altering them by moving margins etc... I
would
like it to have even margins on all sides so I can cut it out to send as a
invitation should look like this on the sheet when printed:

HI HI
How are you How are you
Very Well Very Well
Thank You Thank You

HI HI
How are you How are you
Very Well Very Well
Thank You Thank You

But all i type is the HI... one time.

Any Help with this?

Well, ideally you'd find a built-in label definition that had four labels to
a page. For example, something like Avery 8387 (which is a "Post Card").
Select that label, type your information into the little box, choose "Full
page of the same label," and then click "New Document."

Two problems with this approach:

1. If you want your cards to be in portrait orientation, then that label
definition wouldn't work (they're landscape).

2. It's unlikely you can get your material formatted the way you want in the
dialog box, so you're going to have to do some tweaking in the document.

You can work around (1) by creating a custom label definition, which at
least will give you a start (the advantage to this is that, because it
starts as a "label," Word works some sort of magic with regard to getting
rid of headers and footers and suppressing the annoying messages about your
margins being outside the printable area and such). As for (2), it's still
pretty easy to set up your text in one table cell, then copy/paste into the
rest (you copy one cell, then select the whole table and paste).

"Joy" wrote in message
Suzanne, How does one select a "4-up label layout"?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you select a 4-up "label" layout and choose "Whole page of the same
label," you can get the same effect in Word.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.