Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Peter is offline

Default word 2007 merge outlook contacts 2007

If I am working with a word document, and I want to email it, I open the send
to mail recipient, but the address book is empty. It does not interface with
outlook 2007 contacts. It previous versions of office it did this
automatically. How do I do this? I did find a "show this address book for
email" option under contacts properties, but it is greyed out and won't let
me choose this as an option.

Thanks,

Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Peter is offline

I may have changed the default location for my outlook files to another
drive. Maybe this is why the word address book cannot find the email address.
How do I change the location where word searches for email addresses?

"Peter" wrote:

If I am working with a word document, and I want to email it, I open the send
to mail recipient, but the address book is empty. It does not interface with
outlook 2007 contacts. It previous versions of office it did this
automatically. How do I do this? I did find a "show this address book for
email" option under contacts properties, but it is greyed out and won't let
me choose this as an option.

Thanks,

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

The location of the Outlook file shouldn't matter. When you right-click
on the Contacts folder in your Outlook and select the Outlook Address
book tab, is the checkmark set?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

"Peter" wrote:

If I am working with a word document, and I want to email it, I open the send
to mail recipient, but the address book is empty. It does not interface with
outlook 2007 contacts. It previous versions of office it did this
automatically. How do I do this? I did find a "show this address book for
email" option under contacts properties, but it is greyed out and won't let
me choose this as an option.

Thanks,

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Peter is offline

The option in contact properties is grayed out and not checked.

The address book does not say contacts and there are no options in the drop
down box.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Is the option in Contact properties grayed out and checked? If so, then it's
set by default. If you have additional Contact folders (e.g., subfolders of
Contacts), they can be set as address books independently.

When you click the Address book, in the right upper right portion, does it
say Contacts? If so, click the dropdown arrow and see if there's another
Contacts entry, and try it. Sometimes, there can be multiple entries here,
only one of which works. Dropped down, it might look like:

Outlook Address Book
Contacts
Contacts

Occasionally, one of the Contacts items listed is empty, while the other is
correctly associated with Outlook.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Peter" wrote in message
If I am working with a word document, and I want to email it, I open the
send
to mail recipient, but the address book is empty. It does not interface
with
outlook 2007 contacts. It previous versions of office it did this
automatically. How do I do this? I did find a "show this address book for
email" option under contacts properties, but it is greyed out and won't
let
me choose this as an option.

Thanks,

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

If you click on Contacts in the navigation pane, you'll get the folder
view showing Contacts.
In tools, Account Settings, Address Books, what do you have listed
there?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

:

"Peter" wrote:

If I am working with a word document, and I want to email it, I open the send
to mail recipient, but the address book is empty. It does not interface with
outlook 2007 contacts. It previous versions of office it did this
automatically. How do I do this? I did find a "show this address book for
email" option under contacts properties, but it is greyed out and won't let
me choose this as an option.

Thanks,

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Peter is offline

You helped me fix it! No address books were listed, so I choose "new" and
choose the outlook address book. Then I went back and checked the box that
showed the email address like us suggest earlier but I was unable to do.

All set. Thanks.

:

: