Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
yvonneb yvonneb is offline

Default Merge Email with cc contacts to specific individuals

Hi. I'm doing a merge using word/email and want to cc specific people in to
certain emails, but not all of them.

Is it possible to link one email address with one "cc to" email address?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

That cannot be done without the use of some Visual Basic code that makes use
of the Outlook Object Model.

The code in the method and following article should get you started in the
right direction: In your case, the catalog or directory type merge document
that is created should include columns containing the email addresses of the
parties to whom you want to send copies of the merge document created for
individual records.

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"yvonneb" wrote in message
Hi. I'm doing a merge using word/email and want to cc specific people in
certain emails, but not all of them.

Is it possible to link one email address with one "cc to" email address?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
PS PS is offline

Hi there..

I've tried to add a column of cc email address but only the "To" receipants
got the merge email. Would you mind showing me the exact format/content in
the directory/catalog?

Should it be like this:

1st column:
2nd:

3rd: D:\Documents\JulyReport.doc

Your advice please. Many thanks.

"yvonneb" wrote in message
Hi. I'm doing a merge using word/email and want to cc specific people in
certain emails, but not all of them.

Is it possible to link one email address with one "cc to" email address?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The way you have the directory/catalog set up is OK. It is the code in the
macro that needs adjusting.

However, you could probably get away without modifying the code if you put
all of the email addresses in the first column separated by the Outlook
address separator. In my case that is a semi-colon, but it may differ
depending upon the Regional Settings.

In that case, you would have in the first column

;