Possomeye

Default Linking "SaveDate" Field to another document

I have approx 20 documents, each containing a "SaveDate" field in the footer.
I also have a separate word doc which is a register of the 20 documents. Can
I link the "savedate" field from each of these documents into my register,
giving my a list of the dates each document was updated.
Using Word 2002, WinXP Pro.
Jezebel

Two methods:

1. Open the each of the 20 documents in turn. Select the SaveDate field.
Copy. Switch to the register document. Use PasteSpecial and check the 'Paste
Link' option.

2. Open each of the 20 documents. Select the SaveDate field. Bookmark it. In
the register, use LINK fields --

{ LINK Word.Document SourceFile.doc SaveDateBookmarkName }

The Link field has switches that control, amongst other things, whether you
want updating to be manual or automatic. If it's automatic, Word has to open
all 20 source docs everytime you open the register, which might get a bit
tedious.

"Possomeye" wrote in message
I have approx 20 documents, each containing a "SaveDate" field in the
footer.
I also have a separate word doc which is a register of the 20 documents.
Can
I link the "savedate" field from each of these documents into my register,
giving my a list of the dates each document was updated.
Using Word 2002, WinXP Pro.

script language in header/footer inadmissible3 Page Layout 12 May 4th 05 03:24 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
How do I turn off field codes in an MS Word document? Welshwoman Microsoft Word Help 7 March 2nd 05 05:15 PM
Using TEXTFORM Field in a Word document OhNoJO Microsoft Word Help 1 January 20th 05 12:48 AM
Text cut off in merged document when very long field data charlene leblanc Mailmerge 0 January 17th 05 06:03 PM