Anna-Lena

Default How to correct wrong numbers in outline in customized styles?

This is my last try! I can't figure it out.

I have created my own styles for headings (based on Normal and Paragraph). I
named them, assigned a level and assigned the level of the numbering to the
name. I have selected an outline style. Now, level 2 just does not want to go
any further than 1, although it needs to start at 3 in my document. When I
try to select Level 1 as the "Previous Level" in the drop down menu, Word
does not let me do the selection. Nothing happens and nothing changes.

I have tried to delete the styles and create new ones but that does not help
either.

Can anyone help me out? Please.

Thanks,