Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Column breaks-moving to the next column Column breaks-moving to the next column is offline

Default How do I insert a simple column break? Can't move to next column.

I actually know the answer to my question, but since it took me several
minutes to figure it out, someone else may want to know. It is NOT INTUITIVE.
It is a HASSLE. Instead of simply using the old Ctrl-Enter shortcut, you have
to go -- not to "Insert" -- but to Page Layout. There you will see the old
icon for page breaks and the word "Breaks." Click on "Breaks" and choose
"Column Breaks."
Here is what does NOT work: don't bother typing into the "Help" dialog box
the phrase "insert column break." No help is given, just a lot of mumbo
jumbo.
Also, don't bother going to the Office Button logo, clicking on Word
Options, Customize, and "All Commands." There IS NO COMMAND for "insert
column break."
The ONLY way to insert a column break is to click on "Page Layout" and
"Breaks." Hope this saves someone some time.
Note to Microsoft: why should I ever buy any more upgrades to your product
if it makes everything harder? Did you really want to decrease your market
share among old faithful customers?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH100487431033

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl+Shift+Enter inserts a column break in any version of Word. Ctrl+Enter
inserts a page break.

http://word.mvps.org