gtucker4

Default How do I lock portions of Word docs. while keeping foreign languag

I'm at work at a university, and we're trying to find a way to lock certain
portions of our computer based exams, while still allowing students to input
the answers to the questions, which frequently include math equations, and
foreign language characters. I was wondering if there is any way to keep the
questions from being tampered with, while still allowing the students to
input their answers, and if there is any way to avoid problems with inputting
foreign characters while doing so. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Word Heretic

G'day "gtucker4" ,

Predfine styles that contain the character sets you require an
instruct your users to apply those styles. Then use continuous section
breaks to split the form into 'protected' and non sections, and when
you Tools Protect document hit the sections button and select the
sections. Yes, it WOULD be nice if MS formalised the sections object,
but they haven't. Section.name, Section.Purpose etc

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

gtucker4 reckoned: