kathryngriffin1962

Default Placing 1st table into a cell within 2nd table

I am using Office XP Professional. I am in the process of creating a new
form for my company (over 10,000 users of this form are expected). I want to
create a powerpoint presentation of this form. However, when I place the
individual pages of the form into powerpoint, the background design from PP
shows through. I know I can fill in the table with a white fill, which will
not allow the PP background to show through, but that only works on the table
sections of the form, not on the areas outside the table.

What I'm trying to do now, is to create a second table with a white
background fill, and place the pages of the form into the different cells of
this table. That way, the whole page of the form will be white in PP.
However, I can't get the new table to place 0.25" margins around the document
page.

I've used "table properties" to set the cell margins at 0.25"
top/bottom/left/right, but when I paste the form into the cell, is goes flush
to the left margin of the cell. I've tried to set the cell margins
indivdiually and I tried to do it globally. I've tried to move the actual
form within the cell, but that screws up the alignment of the multiple tables
of the form. Anyone have any suggestions, other than giving up?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?a2F0aHJ5bmdyaWZmaW4xOTYy?=,

I am using Office XP Professional. I am in the process of creating a new
form for my company (over 10,000 users of this form are expected). I want to
create a powerpoint presentation of this form. However, when I place the
individual pages of the form into powerpoint, the background design from PP
shows through. I know I can fill in the table with a white fill, which will
not allow the PP background to show through, but that only works on the table
sections of the form, not on the areas outside the table.

How about placing a rectangle on the PPT slide and positioning it "behind" the
text?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

kathryngriffin1962

Yes, that worked. I also discovered that I could place the object text file
and fill in the background with white the same way I could change the color
of the rectangle, so I deleted the rectangle. Thank you.