Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

Default Can hyperlinks be formatted to wrap?

Is it possible to format hyperlinks so that they automatically wrap or are
hyphenated across two lines? Some of my hyperlinks are quite lengthy, and
they often leave the preceding text orphaned on the previous line.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can insert a so-called zero-width space. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NoWidthSpace.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Brian" wrote in message
Is it possible to format hyperlinks so that they automatically wrap or are
hyphenated across two lines? Some of my hyperlinks are quite lengthy, and
they often leave the preceding text orphaned on the previous line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Yes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
But will the hyperlinks still work?

so
all may benefit.

"Brian" wrote in message
Is it possible to format hyperlinks so that they automatically wrap or

are
hyphenated across two lines? Some of my hyperlinks are quite lengthy,

and
they often leave the preceding text orphaned on the previous line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Sorry, I have to take that back, after having performed a quick test. Adding
a zero-width space seems to leave the link intact, but when I'm clicking it
I get an error message. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Brian" wrote in message
Is it possible to format hyperlinks so that they automatically wrap or

are
hyphenated across two lines? Some of my hyperlinks are quite lengthy,

and
they often leave the preceding text orphaned on the previous line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Apparently, it's getting too late in the afternoon... I just tested again,
and now it seems to work?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Sorry, I have to take that back, after having performed a quick test.
Adding a zero-width space seems to leave the link intact, but when I'm
clicking it I get an error message. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Yes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
But will the hyperlinks still work?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Brian" wrote in message
Is it possible to format hyperlinks so that they automatically wrap
or
are
hyphenated across two lines? Some of my hyperlinks are quite
lengthy,
and
they often leave the preceding text orphaned on the previous line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

An essential principle to remember is that the text displayed in the
hyperlink is NOT necessarily the same as the address to which it links. If
you right-click on the hyperlink, you will see two data fields: "Text to
display" and "Address." As long as the address is correct, the text to be
displayed can say anything. It can break at the end of a line or page. It
can have spaces or hyphens. It can just say "click here." It can say or be
anything.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"Brian" wrote:

Is it possible to format hyperlinks so that they automatically wrap or are
hyphenated across two lines? Some of my hyperlinks are quite lengthy, and
they often leave the preceding text orphaned on the previous line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Good point. Of course, using an entirely different text as the display text
would look better. However, in this case I assumed the OP wanted both to be
the same.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP