Neoseraph

Default Saving feature question (!!!URGENT!!!)

Hi, my question is what feature of Word (other than saving) allows you to
work with documents for long periods of time without worrying about things
like power failures?

Please answer a.s.a.p.

Neoseraph

yes it is, but icannot find it anywhere in my notes are in the books.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Is this a homework question?

Neoseraph wrote:

Hi, my question is what feature of Word (other than saving) allows you to
work with documents for long periods of time without worrying about things
like power failures?

Please answer a.s.a.p.

Obviously. And I would guess that the answer is intended to be AutoRecover
(though *my* answer would be a UPS). I would not want to encourage
dependence on AutoRecover, though; see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in message
Is this a homework question?

Neoseraph wrote:

Hi, my question is what feature of Word (other than saving) allows you

work with documents for long periods of time without worrying about

things
like power failures?

Please answer a.s.a.p.

Beth Melton

All I can say is obviously your instructor hasn't used Word long
enough to know that an AutoRecover save doesn't allow you to 'work
with documents for long periods of time without worrying about
things". I suspect he/she has never lost an important document because
they relied on AutoRecovery. Believe me, those who actually use Word
have learned this lesson the hard way.

You should *NEVER* rely on AutoRecover to recover your documents. It's
intended for "Emergency use Only" - not as a replacement for you
saving your documents periodically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Neoseraph" wrote in message
yes it is, but icannot find it anywhere in my notes are in the
books.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Is this a homework question?

Neoseraph wrote:

Hi, my question is what feature of Word (other than saving)
allows you to
work with documents for long periods of time without worrying
about things
like power failures?

Please answer a.s.a.p.

Dian Chapman, MVP, MOS

Now remember to tell your teacher that "Two top Microsoft MVPs told
me that you are wrong!"

Teachers just LOVE when you do that!vbeg

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

"Neoseraph" wrote:

Hi, my question is what feature of Word (other than saving) allows you to
work with documents for long periods of time without worrying about things
like power failures?

Please answer a.s.a.p.

Dian Chapman, MVP, MOS

hee, hee You're evil!smirk