Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cristina Cristina is offline

Default automatically add document titel

Is there a way to automatically add the titel under which I save a document
("save as...") to the document header)?
The thing is that I would like the document header to be locked for editing
to keept its format. Therefore, the normal way does not work, since once the
document is locked I can no longer chose the "Insert Auto text" funtion in
the header.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm not sure if you want to include the title of the document (as specified
in the Properties dialog box) or the actual file name in the header. Either
could be added by inserting the appropriate field: FILENAME or TITLE.

You can insert the required field in the header before protecting the
document. Later, if you need to update the field, just switch to Print
Preview and back, and then save the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cristina" wrote in message
Is there a way to automatically add the titel under which I save a
document
("save as...") to the document header)?
The thing is that I would like the document header to be locked for
editing
to keept its format. Therefore, the normal way does not work, since once
the
document is locked I can no longer chose the "Insert Auto text" funtion in
the header.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default automatically add document title

Putting the header information in the header view should be adequate to
prevent accidental format changes, but locking is no protection against
someone who really wants to change the header - so if this is all you are
protecting, why bother when it only creates the type of complication you
complain of?

You can insert a filename field in the header/footer to reproduce the
filename there. It will however require updating to show any changed
information.

Cristina wrote:
Is there a way to automatically add the title under which I save a
document ("save as...") to the document header)?
The thing is that I would like the document header to be locked for
editing to keep its format. Therefore, the normal way does not work,
since once the document is locked I can no longer chose the "Insert
Auto text" function in the header.

Thanks a lot for your help!