Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter D Peter D is offline

Default Word 2007 does not prompt to save work on exit

Word has suddenly stopped prompting me with "do you want to save the
changes?" when I exit and the work is not saved. I have to remember to hit
save each time before I exit and then the work is saved. Something has
changed but not intentionally. Today I removed the Microsft Office 2007 whole
suite and then re-loaded it but the problem is still there. Can anyone help
please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UGV0ZXIgRA==?=,

Word has suddenly stopped prompting me with "do you want to save the
changes?" when I exit and the work is not saved. I have to remember to hit
save each time before I exit and then the work is saved. Something has
changed but not intentionally. Today I removed the Microsft Office 2007 whole
suite and then re-loaded it but the problem is still there.

If you hold down the Ctrl key when starting Word, you'll go into Safe Mode
(things may look odd, but don't worry). Do you get the prompt while in Safe
Mode?

If yes, then there's some kind of Add-in on your system that's interfering with
how Word normally works. This could be a macro you've made, one supplied to you
in a template, or a COM Add-in (a tool).

What kind of things have you installed recently?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter D[_2_] Peter D[_2_] is offline

Hi Cindy,

That fixed the problem, thank you.

It was an add-in from recently re-installed GoldMine.

Regards, Peter.

Hi ?B?UGV0ZXIgRA==?=,