Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Natalie Natalie is offline

Default Find and replace won't work in a table

Any suggestions on why? I have tried higlighting all the text, cleared all
formatting, title cases etc but still no joy. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc Luc is offline

Natalie,
Should work in a table, could you be more specific as to what you are
searching for and how you are going about it.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
Any suggestions on why? I have tried higlighting all the text, cleared all
formatting, title cases etc but still no joy. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Natalie Natalie is offline

Luc,
I have made a very simple table where people need to replace Name with their
name and Mobile with their phone number. Its just text. I am using the normal
Find and Replace and am getting the standard error message saying text isn't
found.

Natalie

"Luc" wrote:

Natalie,
Should work in a table, could you be more specific as to what you are
searching for and how you are going about it.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"Natalie" schreef in bericht
Any suggestions on why? I have tried higlighting all the text, cleared all
formatting, title cases etc but still no joy. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the text isn't found then either you are not searching where you think
you are searching or the string you are searching for isn't in the text. As
you seem reluctant to tell us what exactly you are doing it is not possible
to advise further, but see http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

"Luc" wrote:

Natalie,
Should work in a table, could you be more specific as to what you are
searching for and how you are going about it.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"Natalie" schreef in bericht
Any suggestions on why? I have tried higlighting all the text,
cleared all formatting, title cases etc but still no joy. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Take a closer look in the F/R dialog to make sure you don't have formatting
options set from a prior use of the feature. Click the 'More' button if
necessary , then click the 'No Formatting' button. Also check the other
settings pertaining to Case, etc.

BTW - This is a local installation setting, not a doc setting, so each user
has to know how to use F/R. Have you considered creating a template, perhaps
using macrobutton fields?

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Richardson ACITP Ian Richardson ACITP is offline

Hi Natalie

In the find/replace box, click more and make sure match case isn't selected.
This has got me a few times.

HTH

Ian

"Luc" wrote:

Natalie,
Should work in a table, could you be more specific as to what you are
searching for and how you are going about it.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"Natalie" schreef in bericht
Any suggestions on why? I have tried higlighting all the text,
cleared all formatting, title cases etc but still no joy. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Natalie Natalie is offline

Graham - I think your comment was rather rude. I didn't know how to be more
specific than what I had already explained!!

"Luc" wrote:

Natalie,
Should work in a table, could you be more specific as to what you are
searching for and how you are going about it.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"Natalie" schreef in bericht
Any suggestions on why? I have tried higlighting all the text,
cleared all formatting, title cases etc but still no joy. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Natalie Natalie is offline

Bob - I actually made a template using autoform? but people are throughout
the country and they only need to change the data once. I had already checked
the formatting.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Take a closer look in the F/R dialog to make sure you don't have formatting
options set from a prior use of the feature. Click the 'More' button if
necessary , then click the 'No Formatting' button. Also check the other
settings pertaining to Case, etc.

BTW - This is a local installation setting, not a doc setting, so each user
has to know how to use F/R. Have you considered creating a template, perhaps
using macrobutton fields?

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There was nothing rude about it - your original message was vague and you
haven't elaborated since. If you want you can e-mail the document and the
requirement to the link on my web site and I will take a look.

"Luc" wrote:

Natalie,
Should work in a table, could you be more specific as to what you
are searching for and how you are going about it.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"Natalie" schreef in bericht
Any suggestions on why? I have tried higlighting all the text,
cleared all formatting, title cases etc but still no joy. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is a form? You'll have to unprotect the form first!
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm demonstrates
how to do that in a macro for a different task.
Maybe you'll think me rude again for pointing out that it helps if you
supply all the relevant information? We cannot see over your shoulder!