Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
johnsoule johnsoule is offline

Default office 2007 files only open locally

Hey folks -
I had a user last month submit a ticket to me that he could not open
any Office 2007 documents without first either copying them down from
the server and/or emailing them to himself. Trying to fix this I
re-imaged his PC but the problem was still present & now others in his
department are experiencing the same problems.

Here is the open action:

When the user double clicks on the file in explorer. The program opens
up but the document does not appear. Where the page is suppose to
display only the Grey background is shown and the ribbon appears but
without the buttons.

alternative open action:
when the user first opens up the respective program (word or excel) and
files searches to the file On the server and then clicks open, the
default new document disappears and the selected document never loads,
and the buttons on the ribbon Grey out.

Users are using Win XP Pro with SP3, Office 2007 Pro with all updates.

Users do not have local admin rights, and do have full access to the
server storage area.

The current work-a-round: user is copying the files down from the
server and putting the copies on their desktops, saving the file then
putting a copy back on the server.

--
johnsoule
johnsoule's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1898