Darla

Default how do I make 5/8" shrink like 1/2" does in Word when typing?

In Word when typing fractions, only 1/2 and 1/4 shrink in size, how do I make
all fractions shrink??
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Insert|Symbol - then select the auto-change button. Please be aware that if
you're typing dates in the M/d format and you type May 8 you're going to get
a fraction (until you do a Ctrl+Z once).

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Darla" wrote in message
news
In Word when typing fractions, only 1/2 and 1/4 shrink in size, how do I
make
all fractions shrink??

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm

"Darla" wrote in message
news
In Word when typing fractions, only 1/2 and 1/4 shrink in size, how do I

make
all fractions shrink??

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

That's the one. I was close - I had the auto and c part right. And that was
from memory (and a crappy one at that).

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I assume you mean the AutoCorrect button? Note that this works only for
thirds and eighths. Other fractions must be created in one of the ways
described at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm

so
all may benefit.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
Insert|Symbol - then select the auto-change button. Please be aware that

if
you're typing dates in the M/d format and you type May 8 you're going to

get
a fraction (until you do a Ctrl+Z once).

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Darla" wrote in message
news
In Word when typing fractions, only 1/2 and 1/4 shrink in size, how do
make
all fractions shrink??

One reason I keep a blank document open in Word at all times is so that I
can check on the wording of options and the labels of buttons and the like
before posting here.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
That's the one. I was close - I had the auto and c part right. And that

was
from memory (and a crappy one at that).

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I assume you mean the AutoCorrect button? Note that this works only for
thirds and eighths. Other fractions must be created in one of the ways
described at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
Insert|Symbol - then select the auto-change button. Please be aware

that
if
you're typing dates in the M/d format and you type May 8 you're going

get
a fraction (until you do a Ctrl+Z once).

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Darla" wrote in message
news In Word when typing fractions, only 1/2 and 1/4 shrink in size, how

do
make
all fractions shrink??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

Insert Symbol, choose Arial Unicode MS and scroll down to Number Forms in
the Font Subset. Or Type 215d the hold the Alt + X ?