Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChristyL ChristyL is offline

Default Updating Normal style does not update all styles in document

Using: Win XP, Office 2003

Any documents coming in from the outside will not work when I try to update
the normal style to effect all styles. But any documents I create will work.
Does anyone have any ideas as to why and how to fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Perhaps the "other" documents are using styles not based on Normal?

Another thing to consider: If a setting of a style has been modified, for
example the font size, that setting will not be affected by changes to the
base style. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/ResetStyles.htm.

--
Stefan Blom