Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
David Grana

Default set default margins permanently

A Word 2002 user wants to set default margins permanently, so all docs have
the same margins (using NORMAL.DOT). We try Word = Page Setup = changes
margins as desired = Default = Yes. But this does not affect other / new
docs. How can we make it global, for all docs?
--
David Grana

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This should work (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm for this
and other customizations). If it doesn't, it is probably because Normal.dot
is not being saved. If he has the save prompt enabled (and he should--Tools
| Options | Save) and is not being prompted to save Normal.dot when he quits
Word, then that's definitely the issue. If he has Adobe Acrobat 7 installed,
it is the culprit; see the last bit of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm. If not Acrobat,
then perhaps the malefactor is another poorly written add in, but
Shift+File, Save All should work in any case.

"David Grana" wrote in message
A Word 2002 user wants to set default margins permanently, so all docs

have
the same margins (using NORMAL.DOT). We try Word = Page Setup = changes
margins as desired = Default = Yes. But this does not affect other /

new
docs. How can we make it global, for all docs?
--
David Grana

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
David Grana

Nice article. Thanks Suzanne. Have a great day & weekend!
--
David Grana