Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rsstorey rsstorey is offline

Default Insert text in word using a backslash \ in Word 2003

While preparing a presentation on the basics of technical editing with MSWord
2003 I discovered a function that allowed me to set up a way to enter text
that appears not to be part of the normal Autotext function. When you type a
backslash "\" followed by a letter and a space, Word would automatically
enter the text you setup of for this function.

Now I cannot find where to set up and make changes to this function. Would
appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi rss

rsstorey wrote:
While preparing a presentation on the basics of technical editing with MSWord
2003 I discovered a function that allowed me to set up a way to enter text
that appears not to be part of the normal Autotext function. When you type a
backslash "\" followed by a letter and a space, Word would automatically
enter the text you setup of for this function.

Now I cannot find where to set up and make changes to this function. Would
appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Can only think of AutoCorrect entries here.

Tools | AutoCorrect that would be.

HTH
Robert
--