Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rendt Rendt is offline

Default Heading number resets after save

Word 2007: After I set numbering value for a numbered heading, this resets to
the template default after re-opening the document.

This appears to be due to "update document styles" enabled in the loaded
template dialog. I absolutely need this functionality.

I am trying to set chapter numbers (and page numbers that include chapter
number i.e. 3-99) for 10 documents that make up a dissertation and which need
to be coherent. (TOC and index)

How can I force the Heading 1 number to keep an assigned value?