Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BethP BethP is offline

Default More questions about merging multiple documents

Hi all,

I have read several of the threads about merging multiple docs in to a
single one, and the tips and utilties you have all offered have been great so
far. I am stuck on one more piece of my little project though:

- If I use the Insert-File feature or any of the 3rd party utilities some
of you have written to concatenate a whole bunch of docs together, is there
any easy way insert a page break between files? The source files don't have
any type of break already sitting at the end of them to facilitate this.

I may be back with a few more questions as I try to put together a few docs
from a 1500 individual-doc export dumped from one of my databases.

Thanks!
beth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

If the inserted files all begin with a standard style paragraph (such as a
Heading 1) then define that style to include 'Page break before'. If not,
you need to modify the macro you're using to insert a page break before
inserting the new document.

"BethP" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The boiler macro we have discussed privately can be easily modified to
achieve this.
Edit the following:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim i As Integer
For i = 0 To ListBox2.ListCount - 1
Selection.InsertFile FileName:=sFileLocation & ListBox2.List(i)
Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
Selection.InsertBreak Type:=wdPageBreak
Next i
End