Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
glacken1 glacken1 is offline

Default What does the squiggely blue underline on my word documents mean?

What does the squiggely blue underline on my word documents mean?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

A contextual spelling error:

The fair is crowed this year. I hope to see you their.

their is underlined with blue squiggy line. It is spelled correctly but
used out of context.

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them
better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is
marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly...who knows
the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a
worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high
achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while
daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and
timid souls who have never known neither victory nor defeat." - TR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trip_to_tokyo trip_to_tokyo is offline

It means that you have misspelt the word. Please click on Yes if my posting
is helpful to you.

What does the squiggely blue underline on my word documents mean?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

ttt

Red squiggly lines are for misspelt words like the one in this sentence.

Blue squiggly lines are for contextual spelling errors. There word by
itself isn't misspelled; it is just the wrong spelling for the context
(e.g., He was too week to lift the box).

"glacken1" wrote:

What does the squiggely blue underline on my word documents mean?

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them
better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is
marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly...who knows
the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a
worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high
achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while
daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and
timid souls who have never known neither victory nor defeat." - TR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

A red squiggly underline indicates a misspelled word. The blue
squiggly underline indicates a correctly spelled word used in the
wrong context, i.e., their instead of there.

Cheryl

"glacken1" wrote:
What does the squiggely blue underline on my word documents mean?

Yllaria Yllaria is offline
Junior Member

Is there any way to turn the contextual spelling check off? It goes wonky for quick notes and to do lists - things where you're not writing in complete sentences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Flanders View Post
A red squiggly underline indicates a misspelled word. The blue
squiggly underline indicates a correctly spelled word used in the
wrong context, i.e., their instead of there.

Cheryl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] nakayla.hines@stu.jefferson.kyschools.us is offline

On Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 2:56:01 PM UTC-4, glacken1 wrote:
What does the squiggely blue underline on my word documents mean?

idk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] austinw75@student.pointview.school.nz is offline

On Sunday, 13 September 2009 06:56:01 UTC+12, glacken1 wrote:
What does the squiggely blue underline on my word documents mean?

because u used it out of context
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] h.patel36@share.epsb.ca is offline

qqqqqqqqqqqqqq

--

If you believe this email violates Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation
(CASL), please contact us

Edmonton Public Schools, Centre for Education, 1 Kingsway NW, Edmonton AB
T5H 4G9