How to inherit a font from another style?

Old July 4th 18, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected]

Default How to inherit a font from another style?

2018 Update: On Word 2016 for Mac, this method still works for defining a style without specifying a font and allowing the font to be inherited via whatever magical mechanisms that exist!
Old July 9th 18, 06:56 PM
Charles K. Kenyon Charles K. Kenyon is offline
Member

Originally Posted by View Post
2018 Update: On Word 2016 for Mac, this method still works for defining a style without specifying a font and allowing the font to be inherited via whatever magical mechanisms that exist!

I am unsure whether you have a question.

To have a style inherit the font setting from another style, base the style on the other style and don't change the style. I would start it by having the cursor in the base style.

http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/styles.htm