How do I indent a paragraph the opposite way?

Old August 23rd 18, 02:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Default How do I indent a paragraph the opposite way?

I am typing a works cited page. If I consider each item on the page a paragraph, how would I indent the paragraph so that the first line is justified with the left margin, but the succeeding lines are offset toward the right? In other words it would be a sort of reverse-indent, where the first line extends outward instead of tucks in to the rest of the paragraph.

I am using MLA style formatting.
Old August 23rd 18, 09:03 PM
Charles K. Kenyon Charles K. Kenyon is offline
Member

Originally Posted by View Post
I am typing a works cited page. If I consider each item on the page a paragraph, how would I indent the paragraph so that the first line is justified with the left margin, but the succeeding lines are offset toward the right? In other words it would be a sort of reverse-indent, where the first line extends outward instead of tucks in to the rest of the paragraph.

I am using MLA style formatting.
This is called a hanging indent. See http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...ng.htm#Indents

Paragraph indent PL Microsoft Word Help 6 August 11th 09 12:51 PM
paragraph indent Scotti New Users 1 October 10th 06 03:01 PM
what do do when a new paragraph will not indent 5 spaces? jhannan38 Microsoft Word Help 3 November 17th 05 01:46 PM
Indent a paragraph Ellen Microsoft Word Help 3 September 14th 05 10:04 AM
Indent a paragraph Ellen Microsoft Word Help 0 September 12th 05 01:00 PM