change speed of scroll bar

Old September 3rd 18, 07:06 PM
NOISY PANDA NOISY PANDA is offline

Default change speed of scroll bar

Hi - I have a 300pp document into which I wish to type some copy edits, about one every 3-4 pages. This means I have to skip quite a few pages. If I press the arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar to move through the pages that don't have edits, it takes forever. If I click, hold and move the button that goes up and down on the scroll bar, it moves frighteningly fast. My mouse has lost the capacity to scroll with its wheel (don't ask ...), so the scroll bar is my only option. Is there a way to adjust its speed?

Thanks!

Paul

(PS, I'm using Word 2016 in Windows 10)
Old September 3rd 18, 10:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

(You could buy a new mouse for maybe US$15.)

When you click in the vertical bar above or below the scroll box, it takes
you up or down a screen at a time.

Old September 4th 18, 04:57 PM
NOISY PANDA NOISY PANDA is offline

Ah! Thank you, that does it for my purposes. (Fifteen dollars, since the collapse of the pound over the last two years, is about six months wages over here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post