password protection 2003

Old November 28th 04, 11:07 PM
diane

Default password protection 2003

I can not get my program to password protect a document so that no other
users can view that document from my computer?
Old November 29th 04, 12:35 AM
tjtjjtjt

Did you try Tools | Options | Security?
You should be able to set a password to Open and a Password to Edit.

You can also do this from the Save As dialog by choosing Tools | Security
Options.

tj

Old November 29th 04, 12:37 AM
Doug Robbins

From the File menu, select Save As and in the File Save As dialog, expand
the pulldown list under the Tools item and select the "Security Options"
item and the insert a Password to open the document.

DON'T FORGET OR LOSE THE PASSWORD OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO OPEN THE
DOCUMENT EITHER!

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP