Weston

Default garbled punctuation

Something happened to a Word 2003 document I was working on tonight. When I
copy it and paste it into an email, all the punctuation is in symbols. When
I send it as an attachment, I don't know how it looks to the receiver, but
the copy that I received, which opened in WordPerfect, was all little boxes,
no text.

This has never happened before. I've experienced a great deal of blurring
between Word 2003 and WordPerfect 12. How can I get my Word attachments to
open with Word instead of WordPerfect?

The document in question is one that I had Reviewed and then Accepted All
Changes, if that matters.
Weston

"Weston" wrote:
Something happened to a Word 2003 document I was working on tonight. When I copy it and paste it into an email, all the punctuation is in symbols. When I send it as an attachment, I don't know how it looks to the receiver, but the copy that I received, which opened in WordPerfect, was all little boxes, no text.

This has never happened before. I've experienced a great deal of blurring
between Word 2003 and WordPerfect 12. How can I get my Word attachments to open with Word instead of WordPerfect?

The document in question is one that I had Reviewed and then Accepted All
Changes, if that matters.

The WordPerfect forum told me how to change my setting so that Word
attachments now open with Word instead of WordPerfect.

In Word's Reveal Codes, the Word document I described above still shows
symbols instead of punctuation marks, though the document itself looks fine.
Can someone tell me what this is and how I can fix it?

Thanks.